Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Initial Introduction:

Here, we will be discussing the correlation between synthetic reflective roof systems, and their benefit to sustainability efforts. By benefit, I am referring to clean water runoff, substantial energy reduction, safety, and taxpayer/owner value. Reflective white synthetic roof membranes are inherently LEED compliant which I will address in detail with future posts.

Retired after 37 years in the commercial roofing discipline at the highest level, a licensed Roofing Consultant, and State Certified Roofing Contractor (Florida CCC1325620). I've been directly involved in the successful completion of over 70 public schools, and a great number of high profile commercial and industrial facilities.

I've had the great joy, and honor of being a nominee, a finalist, and judge (3 times) for the Governor's "Sustainable Florida" and "Sustainable Schools" programs, which are considered the premier sustainability achievements in my state.

The basis of my advocacy is to inform you, and let you make decisions based upon science, public record, extensive research, and your specific need. The idea is to separate the grain from the chaff, and maximize your roofing investment. Fair?

I do not sell anything, do not represent anyone other than myself, nor do I receive/accept monetary or personal advancement scenarios. This is the only way I can reasonably expect you to believe my statements to be free of influence. Along the way, I may share some experiences (good and bad) which you may identify with, or in some cases avoid altogether.

While these topics may be vast in terms of money involved, I do not take myself too seriously, and don't want to portray something I am not. I'll try to keep this page upbeat and positive, as that's my nature.

I will not participate in anything that is not inclusive of ALL people, as I find that beneath me, and frankly, beneath you. You will soon learn my aversion to "Proprietary Specifications", or "Sole Source" contracting, as nothing good ever happens there. Especially when it further burdens taxpayers.

Please know I am open to constructive criticism, and welcome comments based upon science or record. I'm aware I cannot be "all things to all people", and may offend someone with my directness, but I hope a direct approach is why you're here. I know many people who will tell you exactly what you want to hear, but I'm not interested in sacrificing my integrity to make it happen.

MANY of you will be interested in roof water catchment devices, material selection, and safety. Over 400,000 people in New Zealand alone depend on the roof as their only source of water, and we'll try hard to bring that into perspective.

By Oct. 18, I will post very specific questions, answers, concerns, and articles to get us started.

My goal is to earn your trust, and provide the information you seek.

"The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible"

Thanks for spending time with me today, and don't forget to look "UP".

Robert R. "Ron" Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment