Saturday, May 27, 2017

Oklahoma State Auditor, and School Roofing Report

Oklahoma State Auditor, and School Roofing Report

Friends:

Original investigative report:

http://www.news9.com/story/15953631/school-districts-accused-of-wasting-tax-dollars

That's me in the yellow blazer.

State Auditor's Report:

https://www.sai.ok.gov/Search%20Reports/database/School%20Roofing%20web%20final.pdf

A magnificent effort by the Oklahoma State Auditor, Mr. Gary Jones.  I would also like to thank Mr. Mick Dodson,of the SA's office for putting up with me, and not making me feel like an "Intruder".   

I cannot properly emote my heartfelt appreciation of such FAIR, and HONORABLE, Public Servants.   

I had the unusual experience of interacting with Oklahoma Lawmakers, and I've written about Congressman Jason Murphey several times.  Another clear eyed Public Servant who does his job, and cares about the people he serves.  Senator Jolly's effort may not go without recognition.

The fine people of Oklahoma are well served by their Honorable State Auditor, and you should be proud.  It took three years of my life, but learned a lot about myself, and the process in general.   

NOTE: Retired 2003, do not solicit nor accept compensation or personal advancement of any kind.

I live in Florida, and  will never meet the hard working people of Oklahoma  who were served by this action.  Estimates are that SB630 will save Oklahoma taxpayers approximately $100,000,000.00 per year.  Think about that for a moment, and find the beauty of perseverance.  A brand new High School costs around $50,000,000.00 for comparison, and you can think of it that way.

Factually, you are receiving BETTER services, for LESS money once the "Predatory Sales Models" were exposed.

I don't discuss politics here, but people.  Republicans, Democrats, and Independents ALL PAY TAXES.  You WORK for that money, and it's REAL.  I dig people who work, but despise people who lie, cheat, and steal.  That's as straight up as I can say it.

Forgive me if it seems like I'm 'gushing" a bit, but in my line of work. HONORABLE Public Servants are a rarity.  You stand a better chance of having lunch with the "abominable snowman" than finding one.

It was the experience of a lifetime, and revealed a threshold that was previously unimaginable.  I am paralyzed from a hemorrhagic stroke, but it doesn't mean I have to quit on life, and wallow in sorrow. 

My civic pride will not allow it, and all I wanted to do was return to society as a productive citizen.  

I've been extraordinarily fortunate to have people who genuinely care about me, and my campaign.  If I can attribute it to anything, I would say it is the 'consistency" of my message.
   
A Colonel out of West Point influenced my life by believing in me.  That may not seem like such a big deal to some, but it is when you're trying to "rebuild" yourself in a positive image.

I have a very long way to go, but have the greatest role model you could imagine.  I'm just a broken down roofer from "Six Mile Creek", and do not deserve such grace.

Forgive me, but without him, would not know courage in the face of adversity.  With head lowered, thank my God for Col. RS.  Through him, my destiny was revealed.

General Douglas MacArthur:

“Duty,” “Honor,” “Country” — those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you want to be, what you can be, what you will be. They are your rallying point to build courage when courage seems to fail, to regain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, to create hope when hope becomes forlorn. Unhappily, I possess neither that eloquence of diction, that poetry of imagination, nor that brilliance of metaphor to tell you all that they mean.

Another thing I learned about Oklahoma is that you don't say the word "Texas", lest you be accused of blasphemy. 

I want ALL Oklahomans to know you have a friend in Florida who cares about you, and your schools. 

NOTE: Retired 2003, do not solicit nor accept compensation or personal advancement of any kind.  

You working people don't have the time, or hunger, for copious reading, long hours, and certain heartbreak that comes with it.

That's just my game, and have an aptitude for it.

I will help anyone who asks for help.

That's how I ended up in Oklahoma in the first place.

Reject negativity in all forms and always  remember to keep looking "UP".

Much Respect.

Robert R. "Ron" Solomon
Public Procurement Analyst
Florida Certified  CCC 1325620













No comments:

Post a Comment