Friday, April 22, 2011

What Greeks Have Known For Centuries"

                                                                                                                                                                                                                              







Sometime as I look over the many countries that visit this blogsite, I think of you, those particular nations, and today I became fascinated with my visitors from Greece, and what the Greeks have contributed to society as a whole. 

The Greek heritage and civilization is, of course legendary, and as a result, are recognized as great benefactors to humanity.  From the sciences, to the arts, their mark has been indelibly etched upon this earth and rank among the truly magnificent people, and cultures, the earth has ever known.

A city named "Tarpon Springs" about 35 miles from Tampa, Florida is home to the sponge docks, a well known tourist area, and home to a large Greek community, and many fine Greek restaurants I've visited many times.

Why am I talking about Greece on a roofing information blogsite?  Because the Greeks have known about the value of reflecting radiant energy away from their homes for many centuries, as evidenced in the photos above.  I also wanted to illustrate how my "Low Hanging Fruit" approach to roofing follows this theme, except in today's modern society, we have the very same principles available in highly reflective synthetic roof membranes.

I don't want to ruin this rather personal message to my friends in Greece by rambling on about it, but to illustrate how many times, and how many years, we've seen this principle of physics applied.  I'd like you to take a moment, and ask yourself why our "modern society" doesn't implement more of this , instead of roofing buildings in petroleum?  I think if it was a good idea, the Greeks would have thought of it first.

I am quite thankful you take time from your day, and visit with me here.  In an effort to bring information to you, I am constantly evolving, and am humbled you care what I have to say.

Have a very happy, and productive day, reject negativity in all forms, and keep looking "UP".

Respectfully,

Robert R. "Ron" Solomon
CCC1325620 


No comments:

Post a Comment