Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Sustainable Florida Program"

Please forgive me for taking so long between posts, but I've been overwhelmed with a number of projects lately in the U.S. and Europe.  The European venture is very exciting, and I will share the topic and outcome after a meeting in Brussels next Tuesday.

I'd like to make a very brief personal announcement if you don't mind, and that is to inform you that the state capitol communicated with me yesterday and has asked me to again be a Judge for their "Sustainable Florida" program, which I feel to be the most prestigious sustainability awards program in Florida.  I am both humbled, and honored, that they place a measure of value on my skill set, and it somehow validates a few things I speak to you about on this page.

I get to see up close, and in great detail, what our state is doing in terms of sustainability, and find it fascinating.  The applicants vary from a lady that suggests drying your clothes on a clothesline (she was smiling in every picture), to Wal-Mart.  Each nominee is judged without prejudice, I promise you.

This is my 4th. appointment as a Judge, and to say I'm thrilled, would be an understatement.  The responsibility is to review applications from major corporations, ambitious individuals, public service sectors, individual commissions and counties.  Each application is rather lengthy, numerous attachments to consider, and then I take into account cost, benefit, etc., and attach a numerical score that is transmitted to the Capitol, where the winners are determined.

It makes me very happy to serve my state in this way, and I am thankful for the opportunity to learn from these projects, so I can relay that information to you first hand.

This program is very efficiently run, and if you can spare a nickel, please support them.  The administrator Mr. Tim Center, Esq. is a very hard working guy that encouraged me years ago, and gave purpose to my research.

Over the weekend, I will be posting about "Roof Rebates" available in Florida.  Particularly the new program recently approved by TECO (Tampa Electric Company), as it is exciting.  Most roofers do not care about energy issues, and subsequently don't know about energy rebates.  The roofers who take education seriously, have a great advantage in knowing about energy rebates, and additional "Value" for them to present to their clients.

Soon, I will figure out how to post access to papers I've written for you to download.  Forgive me, but I think it's obvious I am still studying the basics of presenting my comments by way of this blog, and trying to improve the experience for both of us..

Again, I am thankful for the time you spend with me here, and always remember to keep looking "UP".

Very respectfully,

Robert R. "Ron" Solomon
CCC1325620

No comments:

Post a Comment