Sunday, November 28, 2010

"33 1/3"






















My dear friend, Mr. Songer forwarded this rather unique recycling effort. After I saw this, I regretted selling all 1,300 albums in my collection, when I could have roofed my home with them. I'm not real sure about the solar reflectance of black vinyl though.

I should think a single nail in the center of each album would exceed 120 mph wind tunnel testing withouit too much difficulty.

"As Lloyd Alter points out at Treehugger, the vinyl records may not withstand heat very well, especially if they are in direct sunlight. But if the trees do the work of keeping the sun out, these old records should do an excellent job of keeping the rain out.

Not only that, but the records would make for a great conversation piece as you wait out those drenching Tennessee rainstorms.

What do you do with those stacks of of old, damaged or just plain bad vinyl records you came across at a garage sale or in your aunt's attic this summer? If you're Nashville musician Matt Glassmeyer, you use them as shingles for your porch roof.

Glassmeyer attached 350 damaged records to the frame of his deck roof, each with a single roofing nail.

As Lloyd Alter points out at Treehugger, the vinyl records may not withstand heat very well, especially if they are in direct sunlight. But if the trees do the work of keeping the sun out, these old records should do an excellent job of keeping the rain out.

Not only that, but the records would make for a great conversation piece as you wait out those drenching Tennessee rainstorms."

Okay, that's our fun for today, but I will have very exciting news prepared for my next post, and try to get it out today or tomorrow.

I appreciate the time you spend here, and thank you for caring. I will wish you a very happy day my friends, and remember to keep looking "UP".

Respect,

Robert R. "Ron" Solomon
CCC1325620













No comments:

Post a Comment