Friday, October 14, 2011

"Satellite Roof Estimating Services"

At first, I was skeptical that accurate measurements could be taken by satellite imaging, but Boy was I wrong!

First I was amazed how effective it is, and then was shocked to see how little it costs.

I've easily done over a thousand takeoffs driving to the project, throwing a ladder, and physically measuring the structure.  I was actually at one apartment complex that took three days to measure.

It takes a lot of money for a contractor to send an estimator, do the takeoff, draw a roof plan (most of them rather crude), pay for a vehicle, fuel, insurance, etc.  That was then, and this is now.

Of course I have no interest in any satellite estimating services, but will show you an example, and a couple of links of people who offer these services.  Check this out: (click for larger view)









Aerial examples graciously provided by Prattco, Inc, Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors (listed under "Trusted Professionals" 813-973-4771).  Also, the service was provided by Aerialogics : http://aerialogics.com/

I think I remember this all costing the grand sum of $70.00.

So, needfless to say, I am a huge fan of aerial/satellite imaging, especially when done to this degree.  If you enlarge the photos, you can even see they've provided multiple "waste" factors, and all measurements of Hip & Ridge, Valley, etc., are clearly drawn, and also enumerated.

In an effort to insure accuracy, provide a much cleaner presentation, and to save a great deal of money on estimating, I think this is the ONLY WAY TO GO.

Now, if it's a commercial structure, you may want to visit, and take a core sample, but the rest can easily be done with this method of imaging.

I hope this helps those of you who have many estimates to do, may have a project 200 miles away, while this keeps your estimator actually "estimating", and not sitting in a vehicle riding for 8 hours.

It is my prayer you are well, encourage you to reject negativity in all forms, and to always keep looking "UP"

Respectfully,

Robert R. "Ron" Solomon
CCC1325620
Manager, Roof Consultant's Alliance
RobertRSolomon@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment